Bogor palace is one of six Presidential Palace of the Republic of Indonesia, which has unique characteristics due to aspects of historical, cultural, and fauna. One is the existence of the deer imported directly from Nepal and maintained from the beginning until now.
There is now a trend Bogor and its surrounding residents every Saturday, Sunday and other holidays walk in around the Bogor Palace while feeding the deer that live in the beautiful palace in Bogor with carrots pages obtained from traditional farmers Bogor residents are always ready to peddle the carrots are every holiday. As the name suggests, this palace is located in Bogor, West Java.
Although various activities of state has not done anymore, the public were allowed to visit the troupe, with the previous permission to the Secretary of State, cq Head of Household Presidency.
Bogor Palace formerly Buitenzorg or Sans Souci, which means "no worries".
From 1870 to 1942, the Bogor Palace was the official residence of Governor-General of 38 Dutch and one British Governor-General.
In 1744 the Governor-General Baron Gustaaf Willem Van Imhoff struck for peace a small village in Bogor (New Village), a territory of the former Kingdom of Pajajaran located upstream of Batavia. Van Imhoff has plans to build the region as an agricultural area and resting place for the Governor-General.
Bogor Palace was built in August 1744 and shaped the three, was originally a cottage, he makes sketches and build from year 1745 to 1750, modeled after the architecture Blehheim Palace, residence of the Duke of Malborough, near the city of Oxford in England. Gradually gradually, over time the changes to the initial construction done during the Governor-General of the Dutch and English (Herman Willem Daendels and Sir Stamford Raffles), forms the building Bogor Palace has undergone various changes. so that was a vacation home turned into a palace building with spacious yard paladian 28.4 acres and building area of 14,892 m².
However, disaster struck on October 10, 1834 an earthquake shook the result of the eruption of Mount Salak so that palace of was badly damaged.
In 1850, the Bogor Palace was rebuilt, but did not rise again because it adapted to the situation of the region's frequent earthquakes. During the administration of Governor-General Jacob Duijmayer Albertus van Twist (1851-1856) the old building was demolished and the rest of the quake was built by taking European architecture of the 19th century.
In 1870, Buitenzorg palace used as the official residence of Governor General of Dutch East Indies. Buitenzorg palace's last occupant was the Governor-General van Starkenborg Tjarda Stachourwer who was forced to hand over the palace to General Imamura, pemeritah Japanese occupation.
In 1950, after independence, the Presidential Palace in Bogor began to be used by the Indonesian government, and officially became one of the Indonesian Presidential Palace.
In 1968 the Bogor Palace was officially opened for public visits on the blessing of President Suharto. Flow of visitors from outside and within the country annually reach about 10 thousand people.
On 15 November 1994, Bogor Palace became the annual meeting of economic ministers of APEC (Asia-Pacific Economy Cooperation), and there was issued the Bogor Declaration.  The Declaration is a commitment of 18 APEC member countries to hold free perdangangan and investment before 2020.
On August 16, 2002, during the reign of President Megawati, held a "glow of freedom" to commemorate the anniversary of the RI-57, and enlivened by the appearance of Twilite Orchestra, with conductor Addie MS
On July 9, 2005 President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono has married his son, Agus Yudhoyono in Bogor Palace Anisa Pohan.
On 20 November 2006 U.S. President George W. Bush establish a state visit to Bogor Palace and met with President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono. This brief visit lasted for six hours.
Previous Bogor Palace is equipped with a large garden, known as the Bogor Botanical Gardens, but according to the need for a center of science to tropical plants, the Bogor Botanical Gardens shade removed from palace of in 1817.
Bogor Palace has a main building with the left wing and right. The entire palace complex, reaching 1.5 hectares.
Bogor Palace main building consist of:
- The main building serves to hold palace of's official state events, meetings and ceremonies.
- Left wing of the building which has six bedrooms used to entertain foreign guests.
- The right wing of the building with four bedrooms only intended for heads of state who come to visit.
- In 1964 a specially constructed building known as the resting space Dyah Bayurini as president and his family, this building includes five separate pavilions.
- Private Office of the Head of State
- The dining room
- The courtroom ministers and screening room
- Space Garuda as the official ceremony
- Space lotus as a wing of the reception state guests.