Maddie Is Sick


And yes, it is the dreaded pig flu. Her mom took her to the ER yesterday and they said it was strep, which is bad enough. However, they said with the shot of penicillin that she would begin to feel better really fast. I wondered why they didn't do a flu test. Where I work it seems like every patient that comes in for the past couple of weeks gets a flu test. It is really starting to spread in our area, as much as I can remember in my 11 years doing testing. So to not do the test on somebody with her symptoms puzzled me, but I'm pretty sure I know why she didn't get one. Anyway, she didn't get better. She went to Dr. Vincent today, who in a moment of pure genius thought it would be a good idea to do a flu test. She's got it. Now we all have a Tamiflu prescription. Please think about Maddie and say a prayer for her. She's had a rough 2009 battling several different sicknesses.