WOW!!!!!! Meeks Sets New Record (and Cats whip Vols)


Other than National Championships, I can't think of any other time I have been more excited about a UK basketball game. That was a performance which we may never see the likes of again. Today is Jodie Meeks Day on the Revolting Blog. What was really great about it was the fact that it didn't seem like he was running around like a wild man jacking up shot after shot. He got 54 points within the scheme of the offense. I was pumped to hear ESPN announcer and former UK assistant coach Jimmy Dykes giving him props as a contender for National Player of the Year. Speaking of Dykes, does anyone else get bothered by his crazy sayings during the game? He used to really get on my nerves. Now I like to hear him because I listen to him like I listen to comedians. How many times did he give UK credit because their turnovers weren't occuring in the "unacceptable" part of the court? Somebody please call the Billy G. show and tell Coach that you're proud of the guys for turning the ball over in the "acceptable" part of the court. I would love to hear his response. I also loved the fact that Jodie Meeks didn't "defend himself". If he had defended himself, how many points would he have scored? My third and final Dykes saying from the night was his references to Meeks' "violent cuts". I really believe Jodie would not get open very often if his cuts weren't so violent. Big win for the Cats. It's always big to beat UT and that sweaty Bruce Newman (Pearl). Take that orange sport coat, turn that sumbitch sideways, and ........... nevermind.