Veteran's Day


This photo is of my brother-in-law Noal Floyd. He is married to Jordan's sister, Jamie. He has done one tour in Iraq and could be headed back any day. He is in a 6-way tie to be Maddie's favorite uncle. I can understand her love for Camron Laycock, Chad Walker, Chad Guffy, Shawn Edwards, and Noal. For the life of me I can't comprehend her love for Grant Sharp. This is a man who mangled her father's face and Maddie still adores him. Ok, I got off topic. On this Veteran's day I wanted to honor Noal, my uncle Bennie Morris (Vietnam), and my grandfather J.W. Steele(Korea). I don't have a picture of my uncle or papaw handy so those of you that know them put them in your head now. These are all special men to me and I thank them for their service to our country. Actually, I thank all of those who have served.
One funny story about Veteran's day last year. Jamie, who is a state inspector of pre-school and daycare facilities, got the holiday off while her husband (Noal, an actual veteran) had the honor of reporting for duty to his job working construction. I'm sure this happens all over the country every Veteran's Day, but I never thought about it until then. I thought it was kind of ironic and definetely unfair. It makes me wonder just how many veterans are working today while countless folks enjoy the day off. It ain't right. Thank a soldier today if you get a chance. Until next time............. I'm out.
Edit: I forgot to mention and thank Jordan's grandfather, R.D. McRoy, WWII vet. I hope I haven't left anyone else out. If I have, I sincerely apologize. I have been up for 28 hours and I'm not thinking clearly.
Edit #2: Glennis Durall, my great uncle, WWII vet. Thanks Glennis.