I Can't Help It. I Love Villains.


After all, I did create this blog and name it after one of the most notorious villains of all time.


Hell, one of my best friends is The Villain.



I loved the most vicious villains in the history of our sport, the nWo.



And those are just a few of the reasons that I'm now a big Miami Heat fan. I love villains. I can't help it. Just like Hollywood Hogan shocked the world back in 1996 with his unexpected heel turn, Lebron James told the fans of Cleveland to stick it, and he surprisingly joined forces with the evil "Big Sexy" Bosh and "The Bad Guy" "Razor" Wade. Actually that's not how it went down, but Lebron sure is getting credit for being the bad guy in all of this. Is it Lebron's fault that the Cavs never got him a star sidekick? He was there 7 years. They had time. So many people keep saying that the "great ones" don't switch teams, the "competitors" don't jump ship. That's a bunch of crap. The game has changed since Larry and Magic came in. Plus, look at what they came in to anyway. Magic was immediately on a great team. In Los Angeles, one of the biggest markets in the world. Larry was immediately on a great team. In Boston, one of the biggest markets in the world. They were both on storied teams with stars surrounding them. If the Cavs were as loaded as those Laker and Celtic teams, I feel pretty confident that Lebron would still be calling Cleveland his home. Michael was drafted by the Bulls. Chicago is one of the biggest markets in the world. He had some pretty darn good players around him, including one of the best in the world at the time, Mr. Pippen. Michael didn't have it as good as Larry and Magic from the beginning, but he had it pretty good after 5 or 6 years in the league and he could see that the Bulls were going places. Kobe went to the Lakers. WITH SHAQ!!!!!! Shaq was the most dominant force in the world at the time. Kobe now has Gasol, Artest, etc. Not to mention the fact that Kobe is the best player in the world today (sorry King James). Kobe has the luxury of his only team being a storied franchise in a major market with an organization which is willing to surround him with the necessary talent to win. Remember, just a few years ago Kobe was ready to leave the Lakers in a quest for more titles. Tim Duncan came into the league in a nearly perfect situation. He had David Robinson. Then he had Manu Ginobili, as well as several other star players, such as Keith Bogans and Nazr Mohammed. The point is this. Lebron is 25. The Cavs are pretty much as good as they are ever gonna be, and that ain't good enough to win it. They've had 7 years to convince Lebron that they were savvy enough to win it all. They couldn't convince him. Why is he such a bad guy for wanting to join his buddies and try to win it all? In a sports world today where we constantly criticize players for taking the money, now we decide to criticize the guys who took less money in a quest to win it all? Make up your minds people. Hate the Heat. Hate Lebron. Hate D Wade. Hate Big Sexy Bosh. I'm gonna go against the grain and announce my Miami Heat love right now. I've never been a big fan of a particular NBA team. I've always just kinda liked teams that have former Cats, and I always love the superstars. I loved the Bulls while they had Michael, but I've pretty much been bandwagon since then. Now I'm jumping on the Heat bandwagon, and apparently I'm the only person outside of Miami that wants a seat on that wagon. I like it that way. Go Lebron!! Go Heat!! Rant over.