Special Edition of "Did You Know?" Brought To You by Charlotte Visitors Bureau

Before I start my first post I would like to thank the fine people of The Revolting Blog for allowing me to become part of their blogging family.  It's truly an honor to join this elite group of bloggers.  I also have to apologize for being the worst blogger of all-time due to my lack of blogging.  I promise I will improve -- please don't kick me out.  This is my first post that I first started working on about a month or so. I felt obliged to finish it before I made another post.  Her ya go...


Now, I'm excited to bring to you a special edition of "Did You Know?" brought to you by the Charlotte Visitors Bureau.  I now live in Charlotte, NC and I would like to give you some facts about the great City of Charlotte and the State of North Carolina.

  • Charlotte is known as the Queen City.   Charlotte is named in honor of the German Princess Charlotte of Mecklenburg, who had become queen consort of British King George III the year before the city's founding.
     
  • Charlotte is the largest city in North Carolina.  Charlotte's is the 18th largest city in the United States

  • We are proud to be the home of the NASCAR Hall of Fame, Charlotte Bobcats, Carolina Panthers and Charlotte Knights.  We also claim Lowe's Motor Speedway as ours but it's technically in Concord, NC.  Charlotte's favorite son is none other than the 16-time World Heavyweight Champion, Ric Flair.  Wwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooo!!!




  •  I despise a majority of the UNC and Duke fans here in NC.  

Thanks again.  I will be posting later about UK's chances of cutting down the nets.