Drunk as a Monkey Out on the Road

It's a sandwich Friday...Cats game last night and one tomorrow. Tomorrow is also my Upwards basketball team's last game of the season. I haven't blogged about the team much, so I'm sure everyone has eagerly awaited updates on the third and fourth grade "Heat" of Fairfield, Ohio. We're 0-6. Yep...winless. We have come a long way, though. Only two kids on the team have ever played basketball before, so its been a challenge to say the least. Plus we only get one hour a week to practice. Can anyone think of more excuses? I am feeling an upset tomorrow, though. We play the Wildcats (which was my first choice for our team name, but was taken by the asst. league commissioner and fellow UK fan) who have what is probably the league's best player. But I got GOONS...so we'll see what happens.

I couldn't be more impressed with the Cats. Their half court offense still struggles at times, but they just keep finding ways to win. And these aren't easy games. Vandy is a good team, and to go to Nashville and win was huge. I'm hoping they can do the same at Knoxville tomorrow. The last three games, Patterson has looked like the player I've expected him to be all along. I believe this team can win it all. If you would have told me on February 26th, 2009 that I would type that last statement, I would have laughed at you. But I believe more with every game.

It's official...we are having another BOY! I thought about doing my best Sean Salsbury and posting ultrsound pictures of the boy parts, but I'll spare you. The jury is still out on names. Any suggestions?

Last but certainly not least, go read this article about a drunken monkey. It is a moving tale about AiAi, a primate who picked up some nasty habits, and eventually lost his job in the circus as a result. I can just imagine this guy getting up at the crack of dawn and getting started on a long day of gettin' it on (apparently he has fathered many children), drinking and smoking. My question is, where does he get the smokes and booze, and how did this habit begin? If he is a drunk, what self respecting zookeeper keeps funneling him PBR? And the article says the monkey would pester passers-by for alcohol. How could passers-by possibly be aware that this animal is asking for Salem Light Menthols and a stiff drink? There's gotta be more to this story. If I find more information while I'm monkeying around on the internet, I'll be sure to pass it along.

Until then...smoke 'em if you got 'em.