Criminal Activity

The following picture has nothing to do with the content of the post, but it's a funny pic.


I received a text yesterday morning from Jason Whitmer that asked, "if you saw me in a police car, what would you think I got arrested for?". "Answer me, then forward. See how many crimes you get accused of." I sent Whitmer a reply of "assaulting a UL fan while intoxicated". Then I forwarded the message to many of you. The various replies were very interesting and I will list them here along with the name of the person who sent it, as well as my thoughts.

I wonder if these folks really think I would commit some of these crimes?

Michael Miller - "domestic disturbance". Maybe during my first marriage Spilla. I'm old and happy now.

Camron Laycock - "poppin off at the mouth". He then wrote, "not sure that is a legit charge". He's played ball with me enough to know that I sometimes "pop off at the mouth". I can live with this "charge", although I don't think I would be arrested for it.

Clay Vincent - "sodomy". I think Clay thought I was asking what he might be arrested for. He gets confused sometimes, but he sure can cut some hair.

Eric "the load" Stovall - "indecent exposure". I have had many nights out on the town with Mr. Stovall. Not once have I ever indecently exposed myself. I'm not sure what lead him to choose this crime. Maybe he thinks he could represent me and get me off the hook based on lack of evidence. I really think he just got my number confused with Kendall's when he got the text.

Blake Phillips - "dope". Blake's one word response, for some reason, was the funniest one I received. I guess because you have never and will never hear my name rightfully associated with "dope". I like to drink a beer, sometimes while with Blake, but I say nope to dope. I just made up that catchphrase. I still can't understand why it made me laugh. Is dope a funny word or is it just me?

Deh Beh - "flasher". I think this would be the same thing Stovall was accusing me of. I will tell you one thing. I didn't get a ton of responses, but only one crime was mentioned twice, and that is the "flasher/indecent exposure" accusation. These guys are very good friends of mine, and two of them think I'm gonna pull out the goods in public. Maybe I show tendencies towards being an exhibitionist and I just don't realize it. I guess you could say Miller's response could fall under this category as well. It would definitely be a disturbance if I committed these horrendous exposure acts.

Jordan Vinson - "stealing my heart". Now that's a crime I've committed, at least I hope so. I know she was trying to be silly, but I hope it's true too.

Brittany Mayes - "desecrating U of L's mascot". Most of you blog readers probably don't even know Brittany. She is one of Jordan's friends and also a coworker of Jordan's. We hang out with her from time to time. She probably knows less about me than anyone who responded. In fact, I'm sure she does. However, her suggested crime is probably the only one I would ever actually consider committing. I'm not including Jordan's suggestion since it's not actually a crime, even though Faith (the human bobblehead doll) will lead you to believe she's underage.

That's all for now. Be safe in the snow. Everybody remember Faith and his family in your prayers. His grandfather passed away this week.