Random Thoughts

This is not my first post. It is, however, my first in which I've actually taken the time to write something (I plagiarized the Mulkey story.) I'm just gonna give some random thoughts on recent goings on.

First, I enjoyed following Ho Huff and Jeff Gray's virtual slugfest on Facebook today. I actually laughed out loud at Ho. If you missed it, and are friends with these guys, go back and check it out...funny stuff. Ho basically called people out for failing to fully commit as a fan of any given college sports team. He didn't say everyone should be a UK fan (although I think that should be the case), he simply said don't waiver according to team performance. The actual dialogue was much funnier than my summary...go read it. Ho apparently deleted several friends.

I read the Bret "The Hitman" Hart's autobiography. I could hardly put it down. Bret claims to have kept an audio diary during his entire career in preparation for the book. I'm a Hitman fan, but I have to say, he came across as a little bitter at times. He genuinely despises Shawn Michaels, but seems to regard Vinny Mac as a bit of father figure, oddly enough. He has negative things to say, but there is an underlying respect that is definitely there. Bret tells some great stories, and pulls no punches...at all. Steroids, drugs, booze, women...you name it. I saw that he might be making, or has made for all I know, a return to WWE. I might have to dust off the tights and boots and watch that.

Domingez mentioned in an earlier post that I'm gonna be a daddy again. We had an ultrasound today and saw the heartbeat. Still too early to tell if it is a boy or a girl. Braxton says he wants, "Just whatever comes out."

I want to talk about the year Kentucky is having so far, but what do you say that hasn't already been said? Thing is, I think there is still a LOT of room for them to get better. John Wall is a once in a decade talent, the likes of which I'm not sure I've ever seen put on a Kentucky uniform. I'm not saying he is the best player ever to play here. He has, though, brought a level of excitement and attention to the program that I don't remember. Maybe Rex. Wall is pretty skilled on the court too. He makes some mistakes, although fewer and fewer, but just has a feel for the game. He knows when to go and when to stop. And he really does make everybody else better...he can totally dominate a game and not score. It's tough to describe those intangibles, but he has "it". That being said, I'm with Flop. I find myself yelling for a Patterson post up when they need a bucket. And where can I get a Boogie lid? Patterson said Big Cuz bought about five of those things in one day. I'm sure the General smells something fishy there...those things have to cost ten bucks a piece.

Everybody have a good Christmas.