Cal's first of 2010


Stacey Poole made it official on ESPNU Thursday by making his college announcement.

“I made my decision and I’m playing for the University of Kentucky,” said the 6-foot-5, 190-pound Poole out of the Jacksonville (Fla.) Providence School. He also considered South Carolina.

“Coach [John] Calipari has history. He wins. He enjoys what he does and I just feel that he’s going to put me in the best situation as possible. If I go there and play anything can happen and I just have to go focus and just compete and I know Coach Cal will put me in the right situation.

“Where I want to go, I know that will be the perfect situation for me.”
Poole averaged 17.3 points last season at Jackson (Fla.) and will play small forward or shooting guard. He is the No. 4 small forward in the Rivals Class of 2010.

Poole hosted Calipari and assistant Orlando Antigua for an in-home visit on Sept. 13. He visited Kentucky for an official recruiting trip last weekend.

Update: This was announced on ESPNU on a football recruiting show and it was horrible way to announce.