More Blasts From The Past

A few months back I had the opportunity (via The Git's cellphone at a Birmingham Hooters) to speak with UAB coach Mike Davis. Davis is the former coach of the Indiana Hoosiers. He hates Kentucky. His first words when he took Kendall's phone were yelled at me in a loud, angry sounding voice. Those words were, "Kentucky ain't never gonna get Demarcus Cousins"!! Cousins, at the time, was a top ranked power forward being recruited by the Cats and UAB. Davis wasn't really angry and we had a good conversation talking smack to one another. It was confirmed through pictures taken by The Git that it really was Mike Davis. Revolting Blog voice recognition software also confirmed the Davis voice. I put this picture and his opening quote to me on the blog for one reason. Kentucky got Demarcus Cousins. Take that Davis. I wish I had his phone number.

This was one of the cartoons I put up the day after Obama became our first black POTUS. A very historical day in our nation's history, but also an easy one for jokes. For the record, I am an Obama fan, and that's who I voted for.





There was no doctoring of this picture. This was taken at our get-together at the Huff house when The Git made his first appearance in many years to Muhlenberg County. On a side note, the girls and The Git are standing on a deck that Bunch built.



We will end this post with a pic of the greatest coaching staff ever assembled. The Central City Lakers were in a rebuilding year but they have to be considered the favorite to bring home the title next year. A lot of it hinges on the decision of Gavin Huff. Will he take his game to the next level, or will he stay with his team and make a run at the title?