Classic Pictures And The Stories Behind Them!!!!!!

Spilla, The Git, and Al Cook at a mid 1990's Midnight Madness. We used to go at least a day or two early and wait in line. This was back in the good ole days when you waited in line for 24-72 hours and then they just opened up the doors and you got whatever seat you got. I can tell from The Gits poncho that this was the year we sat through several storms and most of us came home sick. I wanna say it was 1996. The year of Mercer and Anderson, and also the year that Bunch took a marker and wrote Magloire 42 on the back of his poncho only to learn later that night that Magloire was in fact #42. Back then it was actually Midnight Madness. Now it's Big Blue Madness and you wait in line for a few hours a week before the event for your tickets and reserved seating. I think Madness lost a lot of luster when they moved it to Rupp and made it Big Blue Madness and began starting it at 8 or 9 or whenever it starts. It's still fun and it's awesome that we can pack 24,000 into Rupp for a practice, but I miss the old way. I'm getting old I guess.


Degenerates at Joe Vincent's house. We used to play ball at Joe's a few times per week. Sometimes we would impersonate wrestlers after the games. This was one of those times. Thank God we didn't take a camera every time. That's an impressive bulge on Spilla. He must have been very happy to have Captain A behind him. I'm not positive when this picture was taken, but it looks like it was when Spilla was using perfomance enhancing drugs. He will not be suspended from the Bremen league however, as this was before our testing policy went into effect.





Deh Beh and Ho on the couch at my old house. Take notice of the Patrick Ewing special edition McDonalds Dream Team cup in front of the Deh Beh. Ho is holding his crotch. He would have been better served to be using his hand to cover up that atrocious Mickey Mouse cap. Cap or no cap, he's one of the best Ho's I ever hung out with. At the very least he's top 5.





Deh Beh on the same couch eating his classic bologna and doritos sandwich. As The Git likes to say, "you can't spell bologna without the Beh".







Some of my best friends from high school posing for a graduation pic. Actually, some of these folks are still some of my best friends. Joe Oates is the only one I despise.







Just a bunch of cool kids on spring break. I don't know who is on Clay's shoulders. Somebody chime in with that info. Nice stogey Oates. I hate that guy.









Prom studs (also Joe Oates) posing with a living legend, Barry Vincent (aka B-arry). Notice that look on my face? That's me wondering why we let Oates in the picture.







More of the old crew, 1994 prom. When this picture was taken, my studliness was well established. My wife was 10. She's lucky I waited around for her to grow up. Now she just wishes I would grow up. Back then Jenny had no clue that she would fall under the spell of that cape wearing Captain A. Why did we like to put our hands on our chins? What was Faith saying? Why won't that low life Joe Oates look at the camera? These are questions which may never be answered.











More 1994 prom greatness. I had a habit of laying down for pictures I guess. I was doing the same thing in that cap and gown pic shown a few pics above this one. This, and a few of the others, I pulled off Double Dealson's Facebook page. I made the comment on there that best I can remember, all the girls were fighting over who would pose with me. So, I elected to end the dispute by declaring that nobody would be the winner and I would just lay in front of everybody. However, this decision gave us a numbers problem. Therefore we had to recruit the most non-photogenic guy at the prom to fill in. I know, you think I'm talking about The Git. Nope, I'm talking about that floppy haired douche bag Joe Oates. I hate that guy. Check out that studly Git and Newton Jehn. This prom was when The Git's parents, Larry and Wanda Smith, became Harry and Twanda. Being from Ohio County, The Git had no clue how a Muhlenberg North prom would be, so we lied to him. We told him when you arrived at the prom, they would introduce you to the crowd. We told him his date didn't know his family, so we filled out his paperwork for her. We had him convinced that when he got to the prom, they were going to announce him as Kendall Smith, son of Harry and Twanda Smith, of Rockport, Kentucky. He was furious. Not as furious as the time Clay painted gits on all his family portraits, but he was mad. He never knew it was a lie until he got to prom and nobody was doing introductions over any loudspeakers. One of the all time classic tricks pulled on the now famous Git.













****Disclaimer**** I do not really hate Joe Oates. I haven't laid eyes on him for years, but would love to talk to him and see where life has taken him. I just wanted to make a post dissing someone other than The Git. I'll be honest, dissing The Git is much more fun. We will get back to doing that ASAP. Have a nice day!!!!!!