NCAA Day 3: Deh Is Brought Down To Earth

When asked to comment on Deh Beh's chances in the bracket challenge, Chad and Leanne Walker didn't have much to say. Deh will try to spin this into Chad saying Deh is #1. You can read it however you want. My sister won't be proud that this picture made the blog.


Day 3 of the tournament saw me overtake the Deh Beh at the top of the standings, although I don't figure I'll stay there long. I'm not that confident in my bracket this year. Not only did Deh lose the top spot, he fell all the way to third. Coming in at 2nd is everybody's favorite participator, Winner Winner Chicken Dinner Heh. There were some exciting games yesterday, with Duke barely getting by Texas, LSU kind of scaring North Carolina, and of course the Western/Gonzaga classic. It hurt me to see Gonzaga win on such an easy shot after such a battle of a game. I mean, Kendall Smith could have put on a Zags uniform and scored on the last play. However, I'm not gonna talk about the last drive anymore. What a tip in by Pettigrew to tie the game. Clutch plays throughout by both teams. Man, what I would give to have AJ Slaughter or Mendez-Valdez on the Cats. Just giving the Cats that one little Mexican could make all the difference in the world. Speaking of Mendez-Valdez, Jordan likes him. This is significant because she has watched many ballgames with me over the few years we've been together, but she's never really got involved in one like last night. She loved watching that "little mexican guy" run around. She said, "he runs around like he don't know where he's going, then he always does something good". Pretty good evaluation if you ask me. I think the girl is slowly becoming a basketball fan. I fell asleep a couple of weeks ago during the Morehead State/Austin Peay OVC tournament game, and Jordan watched the last 20 minutes when she didn't even have to. You guessed it, she liked that "pony tail" guy for Morehead. Hopefully today's NCAA action will be just as exciting. I know the WKU die hards are still hurting today. It sucks to lose a tournament game on a buzzer beater. At least the Gonzaga shot won't still be driven down your throats 17 years later. I'm betting they won't make commercials about it. Give it a rest Laettner. I do think that commercial is funny though.