Embarrassing


I don't know what else to say. This loss, in my opinion, is worse than Gardner-Webb. We were supposed to be past this. The Gardner-Webb loss at least had the excuses of new coach, Tubby left us crappy players, etc. Billy has almost completely overhauled the roster, although 4 starters are Tubby recruits. There is one thing I know for sure, and the Tubby haters will hate me saying it. Tubby put some bad teams out there his last few years, but he NEVER lost to the little schools like VMI, Gardner-Webb, and San Diego. I just can't understand why Billy doesn't sit these guys when they play that badly. That was the most pitiful defensive display I have ever witnessed. I truly believe that. I would like to think that 4th graders can grasp the concept of not giving up wide open shots. Why couldn't UK guard anybody last night? Wide open look after wide open look. It made me sick to watch it. The team should hide in their dorm rooms until they go to North Carolina for Tuesday night's game, which by the way could be a massacre. It's almost as if Billy likes to use early season losses to no name schools as a teaching tool. He doesn't even seem that upset about it. I would have went down with Landon Slone and Dwight Perry in the game. Even AJ Stewart will hustle. The defensive effort was sickening, have I already said that?
One bright spot was Jodie Meeks. I'm not just bragging on Jodie because he scored 39 points. He played with fire. He played with heart. He almost brought the team back. He was a warrior on a night the rest of the team decided to take off. You will look in the box score and see an impressive stat line for Perry Stevenson. You'll see a good line for Razor Ramon Harris. I don't think they played very good at all. How many layups did they combine to miss? How many free throws did they brick? Finally, Patrick Patterson. Where was he? He was the one guy that I never thought I would question. Total disappearing act. Patrick is better than that. If these guys can pull an upset of the Tar Heels I will forgive them. For now, I'm embarrassed to go out of the house today. What if I run into a UL fan? I have to wear UK gear today because of my dedication to the Football team. I always wear UK gear on gamedays, and there is a big game tonight. My fear is wearing my UK stuff is gonna make everybody want to mention VMI. Thank God Maholli is another time zone away.