The Biggest Problem Facing America


Hello Revolting Blog Nation,

Our great country faces a number of great challenges today. Electing a new president, the war on terrorism and trying to deal with the stock market drop, which has fell even lower than Shane Hardison's expectations for his beloved Michigan Wolverine basketball team. Another great pain for Americans comes from McDonald's decision to make double drive-thrus.

My first experience with this travesty came in New Orleans. I was working there after Hurricane Katrina. There were no restaurants open within a 25 mile radius of where I was except for Mickey D's. When I first pulled in, I was shocked to see not just one lane but two. As disconcerting as this was, i pulled forward. Received my order. Wrong. Went back. Wrong again. A Vinson Fit was fast approaching.

I decided to avoid the place at all costs. When I returned home to Louisville, I thought I was in the clear. The McDonald's near my house was a traditional one. There was no way I would encounter another double drive-thru McDonald's. Then one day I was driving in another part of town and pulled into the Mickey D's only to find my new nemesis...the double drive-thru.

Upon my decision to move back to Muhlenberg County, one of my first thoughts was that there would be no way possible the McDonald's double drive-thru would be here. Wrong. Greenville has it. I was horrified. I talked with my aunt Teresa and she, as a manager there, is no ally of this great error in corporate America. She says you can tell the person who designed this great farce never worked at McDonald's.

I strongly advise anyone coming up on one of these is to go inside. I could drive to L.A. before getting my food at a McDonald's double drive-thru.

I would like to know if everyone else feels this way. Is there anyone who actually likes this? I'm guessing probably the Git and maybe Maholi. Those two seem to love every joint that has biscuits for some reason.