Friend Profile #6: Maddie Vinson




My lucky number is 6. It is the number I always chose on all the dust bowl teams, softball teams, etc. that I always played on. That is why I saved friend profile 6 for Maddie. If 6 is my lucky number she deserves it, because I'm lucky to have such a good kid. She just started school this week. If you are a blog reader you already knew that. She is in Mrs. Mitchell's class at Central City Elementary. She went to pre-school for 2 years at First Baptist in Central City and I am confident that she is starting ahead of the curve. She loves playing with friends and watching High School Musical or Hannah Montana most of the time. That makes her pretty normal I guess. She loves soccer and that makes her Uncle G very proud. She says that she doesn't really want to play basketball or softball, just soccer and cheerleading. I would love to have a little basketball player but I want her to make her own choices on that stuff. Maybe Jordan will supply me with another chance at a basketball player. With a mom named Jordan, my next kid is bound to wanna play. Maddie will be 6 in November. She is with us every Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and all day Monday until I have to get ready and go back to work. I will miss having her on Mondays now. She will be in school most of the day. I am very proud of the young lady that she is growing up to be. She has been through a lot in her young life and I couldn't ask for a better daughter.
Something I made up about Maddie: She was a 2 year winner of the Coolest Dad Award at First Baptist pre-school. She is the only child to get the award twice. Her Dad must be pretty cool.