Mark Ingram wins the Heisman Trophy

Another fantastic week for Crimson Tide and Wildcat fans. Mark Ingram makes history and returns to Tuscaloosa, AL with the Tide's first ever Heisman Trophy. It's very hard to believe that in Alabama's storied football history that it took this long to win a Heisman. JV texted me the other night and compared it to Kentucky never having a #1 pick in the NBA draft which is also very hard to believe. I will hate to see John Wall go but it appears he may change that stat after this season. Ingram is very deserving of the award as were the other candidates. I kinda felt bad for Colt McCoy for about a second because I believe he should've won last year over Sam Bradford of Oklahoma. Toby Gerhart of Stanford is also a stud. He and Ingram are very similar in their running styles. The most impressive stat of Ingram's to me is that he has only had 1 lost fumble in 429 touches. Unbelievable!! Thats almost as impressive as Deh Beh's 3 point attack at Bremen. I've never actually seen it live but have heard many stories that continue to impress me. I attached a link to the Heisman award being given to Ingram. If you look at it, go on into you tube and watch some of the highlights of Ingram and Gerhart. They are both absolute beasts on the football field. I feel for any defender that takes them on one on one in the open field with a full head of steam. Congratulations to Mark Ingram and the rest of the candidates, but mainly Ingram.

Now on to the Kentucky Wildcats. In the words Dickey V, "WOW". John Wall is putting on a show each and every game. He has proven to be the go to guy when the game is on the line. I wish there were some way to talk him into staying 1 more year. I think Kentucky has a real shot at the Final Four this year if they don't implode. The only thing that worries me is the fact that can't hold their big leads. If they can improve on that and their foul shots, thay can make a serious run for the Title this year. What is it with Calipari teams and freethows? Memphis had the National title won but couldn't make freethrows. Demarcus Cousins impressed me in the UCONN game and Bledsoe hit some big shots vs. Indiana. Patterson is doing his job but John Wall is just the man. In other KY basketball news, the Hilltoppers upset Vandy in Nashville with a few highlight worthy dunks.

I promise to follow the Cats more closely in the future so I can give more in depth analysis of their games. I have to concentrate on Texas right now. I am very supersticious and believe that if I turn all the attention to basketball right now, I will jinx Alabama in their quest for a 13th National Title. I am often made fun of for some of my rituals for Alabama games but I have found that when I abandone those rituals, the games do not turn out good. For instance, when we played Tennessee, I went to a church bonfire at a friends farm during the game. I had already comitted to going before the time of the game had been announced. My number one superstition is that I will not watch a game outside of 2 places: My house or my friend Rick Percell's house. If you don't know what happened in the Tennessee the game, we practically lost. Mount Cody blocked 2 field goals that saved the game, one of which was kicked as time expired and Bama would have had no chance at the National Championship if they lost that game. Give me time Big Blue fans and I will come thru for you after the Tide beat the ever living snot out of the Longhorns. ROLL TIDE!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo9jw8v6-0k